Start your day off right with a fulfilling and warming breakfast! These are our top 5 quick, easy and nutritious breakfast ideas. Whether you're always starving when you wake up, or you're only looking for a quick bite, these recipe ideas will hit the spot. Perfect for the kids too!
5 Junk Free Breakfast Recipes:
1. 3-ingredient Banana Pancakes
2. Kumura & Kale Rosti with Eggs
This is my new favourite go-to breakfast. I'm not a massive fan of egg whites, so I like to serve these with scrambled eggs so I don't notice them as much, however poached eggs are just as delicious. Serve with wilted greens (kale, spinach or silverbeet) for an extra veggie boost if desired!
This recipe was sourced from BePure: check out the original recipe here.
3. Isagenix Isalean Shake Smoothie Bowl
4. BePure Kimchi Pancakes
These gut-loving pancakes are a perfect way to promote good gut health on a daily basis. BePure also shares they're favourite kimchi recipe here. This recipe is sourced from BePure, check out the original recipe here.
5. Nadia Lim's Breakfast Muffins
These are great for a grab n' go breakfast, or even a snack during the day. Whether you enjoy them slightly warmed with a little dairy free butter, or straight from the container, these muffins are full of fibre and are super delicious! Recipe sourced from Nadia Lim's Good Food Cookbook.
1. Preheat oven to 180c. and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases. Place dates and water in a small saucepan and boil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to mash up the dates. Add baking soda and mix well - it will froth up a bit.
2. Beat oil and brown sugar and vanilla until thick, light and creamy, then beat in egg. Mix in mashed banana, grated carrot, nuts and date mash.
3. Stir flour, bran, baking powder and mixed spice together. Add to wet mixture and fold the two mixtures together with a large metal spoon, until well combined. Do not over-mix.
4. Spoon batter into lined muffin pans. Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.
Thanks for popping in to read our 5 favourite junk free breakfast choices! We hope this gives you a little inspiration for your next meal prep! Be sure to share your favourite recipes with us and let us know which recipes you're excited to try!
From our home to yours,
Hi there! Thanks for checking out the Live Lively blog. I am so excited to share my passion for productivity, personal growth and wellbeing!