WD40 is an amazingly versatile product which most people have in their garages, sheds or workshops. However, most people don’t know some of the other awesome uses for it other than fixing squeaky hinges or chains! Check out our full list of WD40 uses around the home below!
WD40 is a typical household essential, however in a world where we should all be aiming to reduce our use of petroleum based products I'm not one to encourage going out and buying a new can of WD40! However, if you've already got a can lying around the house, it's better to not be wasteful and make use of the many versatile benefits of this product!
We thought up this blog post idea after my dad started pitching ideas for using WD-40 as part of the process of cleaning the bathrooms to remove grime from toilets and the watermarks from the shower doors or mirrors. After looking into the product more, we found so many other uses that we just had to share!
Check out the full list below!
1. Remove the gunk and lime marks from your toilet. Simply spray as required, leave for a couple of seconds and use a toilet brush to help scrub away the grime.
2. Keep water stains off glass shower doors. Using a cloth, spray the WD-40 onto the cloth and wipe down the shower when it’s dry!
3. Get rid of stickers and stuck-on adhesive. Spray on and let it sit for at least 5 minutes, then scrub away using a sponge.
4. Removing tea and coffee stains from countertops. Spray a little on a sponge or damp cloth and wipe the stain.
5. Keep scissors working smoothly by spraying a little into the hinge.
6. Prevent snow or ice buildup on car windows by wiping down your car windows using a soft cloth!
7. Removing stuck gum from your carpet, shoe or hair. Spray and leave to set for a few minutes then pull off with ease!
8. Waterproof your shoes by giving them a light coating of WD-40 and leaving to dry.
9. Tarnished silver. Simply spray down your silver items and let the coat sit for 10 minutes or so then wipe with washcloth and warm water.
10. Prevent bathroom mirrors from fogging up. Spray a bit on a soft rag and wipe it on the mirror until residue free. Re-apply when it stops working (after approx. a month)!
11. Clean stubborn food particles from your fridge. Spray onto the cloth and wipe to remove.
12. Scuff marks and crayon from trims, walls and skirting. Moisten the area with the spray and wipe gently - to ensure you don’t remove the paint.
13. Bathroom tile grout. Remove mild and grime by spraying with WD-40 and wash away the residue.
14. Water stains and fingerprints from stainless steel sinks and equipment. Simply add a little to a soft cloth and wipe to remove the marks. This works great on bathroom taps too!
15. Prevent splinters in your wooden tool handles. Rub a generous amount of WD-40 into the wood!
16. Clean dried glue from surfaces or hands. Great if you accidentally get super glue on yourself! Simply spray a little on the area and rub to remove.
Have you tried any of these hacks? Let us know how they go for you! Also, if you have any other WD-40 hacks to add to the list, be sure to let us know in the comment section below!
We love anything that is going to make our spring cleaning process easier so we were excited to hear about all the versatile uses for one product which we already own - and you probably do too!
From our home to yours,
Hi there! Thanks for checking out the Live Lively blog. I am so excited to share my passion for productivity, personal growth and wellbeing!