I’ve only recently fallen in love with snickerdoodle cookies! However, little did I know that they’re an American classic! There is something irresistible about the cinnamon-sugar coating. “They’re like cinnamon sugar donuts,” my boyfriend says - which is as much approval as I’ll ever need. Check out this dairy and gluten-free recipe below and give this a try for a sweet baking treat!
They’re soft, chewy and perfectly sweet. Also, they have the most amazing, light cookie dough that I’ve ever made! This is the perfect recipe to whip up if you have unexpected dinner guests because they’re a great throw-together cookie with ingredients you probably already have and there is no chilling time required!
View the original recipe here: https://cookiesandcups.com/perfect-snickerdoodles/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+cookiesandcups+(cookies+and+cups)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the olivani, white sugar, and light brown sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg, the yolk, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
3. Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just combined.
4. In a separate small bowl make your Cinnamon Sugar by mixing together cinnamon and sugar, stirring until evenly combined.
5. Using a medium cookie scoop (or 2-tbsp quantities) portion out the dough and roll into a ball. Then roll each cookie dough ball into the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated.
6. Place on prepared baking sheet about 5cm apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning cookie sheet halfway through baking.
7. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days (good luck you don’t eat them before then!)
We’ve just made this batch of cookies for a weekend away in Taupo, they’ll be a delicious treat on the drive down and will be a lovely piece of home to bring on our adventures. Have you always been a snickerdoodle fan or are you new to the game like me? Share your thoughts below!
From our home to yours,
Hi there! Thanks for checking out the Live Lively blog. I am so excited to share my passion for productivity, personal growth and wellbeing!