Winter is here. While you still may be mourning the end of Game of Thrones, pick yourself up and get ready for Winter! This means putting on a pot of soup, throwing an extra duvet on the bed and making mad-dashes to the wood pile to keep the fire going! Let us help you get prepared this season by keeping you in the know. Check out our ‘Welcome to Winter’ seasonal guide to keep you up to date with local events, habits we’re focusing on this month, and so much more including your seasonal fruit & vegetable printable (of course)!
Habit’s We’re Focusing On:
If goal setting isn’t your thing, having a list of habits that you focus on for a season is a really great way to make small, incremental changes to your routine and can be just as effective! While we recommend reviewing your goals as each season ticks over, we like to share a few of the key habits we’ll be focusing on this season to help keep you inspired!
1. Eating warming foods: we’re lovers of Chinese Medicine, they encourage a diet of warming foods which are free of both dairy and gluten. This simply means that you avoid consuming foods or drinks which are below room temperature. We find this super important, especially during the winter months, as a way of preventing colds and the flu! Crack out your favourite soup recipe and get cooking!
2. Plan social events every week: it’s easy to feel like you need to hibernate and stay inside during the cold season however, we encourage you to get out there and stay socially involved! If you have young kids, organise a play date and get some indoor activities going! Or check out our friends at The Sensory Room for some indoor messy play!
3. Out with the junk and in with the joy: it’s Junk Free June month! So we’re cleansing our diets, tidying our homes and looking after our minds. Check out our FREE Junk Free June Workbook here to join in the fun!
Local Spots to Check Out:
Get your winter woolies on and get outdoors! Here are our top recommendations:
1. Meet a friend for coffee at Absolute Cafe: the ‘Bounty Hot Chocolate’ is a must if you want a mug of deliciousness.
2. Field-days! Grab your gumboots and have some fun in the mud. Mum and I often head down for a look around, but trust me we only grab the freebies and head to the food stalls!
3. Avantidrome ‘Have a Go’ Sessions: stay indoors but on ya bike at the Avantidrome. They hold ‘Have a Go’ sessions every Saturday and Sunday so you can try your hand on the track! Just make sure to call ahead if you’re bringing a group.
- Cambridge Farmers Market, every Saturday
- Field-days, Mystery Creek 12th June - 15th June
- Best Artisan Market, TCC, 8th June
- Waikato Baby Expo, Claudelands, 29th June
- Fertility Info Event hosted by Fertility Associates, Novotel Hamilton, 18th June
Upcoming Blog Content:
This month, we’re sharing our favourite Junk Free recipes, and content from some of our biggest influences like Ben Warren, Dr. Libby, and Nadia Lim. Week One of Junk Free June is all about diet! So this is the perfect opportunity to keep your eyes peeled for some delicious recipe inspiration and nutritional advice. Week Two is a Konmari Cleanse! This is all about decluttering your home according to the joy each item in your home brings you. This is a great opportunity to drop your unwanted goods to the opshop - or check out our blog post about Disposable Solutions which are mindful of your environment! Week Three is all about a Junk Free Mind. This involves self-care, mental wellness and designing routines which will help you maintain your healthy habits. Week Four involves putting it all together. We discuss sleep, mindfulness, healthy snacks and how to habit stack for the ultimate efficiency!
If you wish to get involved, be sure to check out our blog post 'Junk Free June' and download our free workbook here.
Don't forget to grab your free Seasonal Produce printable at the bottom of this blog post!
From our home to yours,
Hi there! Thanks for checking out the Live Lively blog. I am so excited to share my passion for productivity, personal growth and wellbeing!